You won't believe that each whoopie pie has just 10 grams of carb. Enjoy this easy low-carb dessert the next time you offer to bring treats - each recipe yields 25 whoopie pies.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup light tub-style cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
2. Peanut Cluster Butterscotch Bites
There is so much to love about these low-carb dessert bites. The short ingredients list makes them easy to whip up, the sweet and salty flavors are a delicious combination, and each bite has just 8 grams of carb.
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup butterscotch-flavored pieces
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 45 baked miniature frozen phyllo shells
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
3. Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Cake
This diabetes-friendly ice cream cake takes just a few easy steps. The secret to this decadent cake: sugar-free cake mix and no-sugar-added ice cream.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 16 - ounce box sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 10 - ounce jar lemon curd
- 4 cups no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup assorted fresh berries
4. Vanilla Trifle with Champagne-Soaked Fruit
If you love desserts that impress without the stress, don't miss this gorgeous diabetic trifle recipe that you can make the day before. Enjoy a 3/4-cup serving, which boasts just 22 grams of carb.
- 1 cup chilled champagne or sparkling white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups sliced assorted fruit (such as any berries, grapes, oranges, pineapple, kiwifruit, etc.)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1 cup vanilla-flavor fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Recipe Vanilla Cake, cut into cubes
5. Frozen Chocolate Pretzel Sandwiches
Make homemade frozen ice cream treats in just a few simple steps. You'll love the assortment of flavors in every bite: a sweet and salty combination with a burst of strawberry. Plus these chocolaty treats have just 26 grams of carb and 156 calories per serving.
- 1/4 cup salted pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 4 sugar free toffee candies, crushed
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces or white chocolate pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup light strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 16 2 - inch square chocolate graham crackers
6. Salted Caramel Pretzel-Oat Bars
Sweet and salty flavors come together in a bar that features dried apricots, tiny marshmallows, pretzels, and rolled oats. The creamy caramel topping brings a hint of sweet stickiness to these diabetic dessert bars that also make a healthy snack to curb cravings.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10 - ounce package tiny marshmallows
- 4 1/2 cups mini pretzel twists, such as Snyders of Hanover brand, coarsely broken
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3/4 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free caramel-flavor ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
7. Tropical Coconut Custard
These pretty custards are a creamy and delicious diabetic dessert that brings together the best of the tropics – coconut, ginger, and a hint of vanilla topped with a slice of star fruit.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 small starfruit, cut into 6 thin slices (about 1 1/2 oz.)
FREE email alerts of the most important BANNED videos in the world
Get FREE email alerts of the most important BANNED videos in the world that are usually blacklisted by YouTube, Facebook, Google, Twitter and Vimeo. Watch documentaries the techno-fascists don't want you to know even exist. Join the free Brighteon email newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time. 100% privacy protected.
Your privacy is protected. Subscription confirmation required.